Teresa Sinani, MA Psych, PGDip, Dip Couns, UKCP (reg), MBACP
- MA Integrative Psychotherapy & Counselling (Minster Centre & Middlesex University) 2009
- Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy & Counselling (Minster Centre) 2009
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling (Minster Centre) 2008
- RSA Certificate in Counselling Skills in the Development of Learning (College of North West London) 2001
My professional training took place at The Minster Centre over 6 years. The Minster Centre is a leading training institute specialising in Integrative psychotherapy and counselling. It is validated by the BACP, UKCP and Middlesex University.
Once qualified, I have also had the privilege and experience of teaching at The Minster Centre.
I have many years of clinical experience working with adult clients in open ended therapy or short-term counselling. I also work with psychotherapy/counselling students who need to embark on their own personal therapeutic journey as part of their training.
As well as individual client work, I have extensive experience facilitating group support sessions. I have delivered group workshops covering stress management, emotional well-being, mindfulness, assertiveness skills, improving self-esteem & confidence building.
Prior experience includes:
- Telephone counsellor for a national retail charity (EAP), assessing clients for short term counselling
- Services coordinator, project lead and trainer for a national mental health charity
- Worked for many years with an organisation that supports unpaid carers and former carers, gaining a thorough understanding of the impact of being a carer
- Counsellor for a project providing therapeutic support to survivors of domestic abuse, many of whom experienced childhood abuse and trauma
- Counsellor for a young people's counselling service
- Set up and delivered a counselling service in North West London
Prior to my work as a counsellor and psychotherapist I worked with families with young children in family support and community development.
I am accredited with the professional body The United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and am bound and adhere to their professional code of ethics and conduct. I am also a registered member of the The British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP). I maintain my professional standards by attending regular clinical supervision with an UKCP registered supervisor. Alongside this I attend relevant workshops and seminars throughout the year to continue my learning and development.